Watch: South Africa Pacer Anrich Nortje Knocked Down By Spidercam During Boxing Day Test At MCG

South Africa pacer Anrich Nortje was knocked down by a spidercam while fielding during the Boxing Day Test against Australia at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Cricket has witnessed bizarre incidents. When South Africa pacer Anrich Nortje was fielding in the Boxing Day Test against Australia at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, he was knocked down by a spidercam from official broadcasters Fox Sports. After the second day of play, Nortje said that he had been hit on the shoulder and elbow, but that he was fine. Despite being hit, Nortje even bowled at full speed and took a wicket.

Nortje was positioned in the outfield when he was hit by the spidercam in the subsequent meeting. According to an ESPN Cricinfo report, Cricket Australia confirmed Fox Sports' admission that the spidercam operator made a mistake.

Watch: Anrich Nortje Knocked Down By SpiderCam In Boxing Day Test At MCG

"I didn't know what hit me, to be honest," Nortje was quoted as saying by ESPN Cricinfo said. "So far so good. It just knocked the [left] shoulder and the [left] elbow. The elbow is a bit sore but otherwise seems to be okay. I'll just monitor it and see how it goes with the [doctor].

"I saw cables and then I turned around or moved my head and then I saw the camera, but I was a little bit too late. It was quite quick. It didn't really change my mindset or anything. I tried to stay focused.

"I think the one thing we've spoken about earlier is how low it is and it probably shouldn't be unless [it needs to be] for certain interviews or something. But I don't think it should be travelling head height. That's just my opinion. And then for Marco [Jansen] as well, they must take him into consideration [for his height]."

In terms of the match, Australia opener David Warner battled the scorching heat to score an epic unbeaten 200 in his 100th Test on Tuesday before retiring in pain as Australia maintained their lead over South Africa. After the Proteas lost their first innings for 189, the hosts were 386-3 at stumps on day two of the second Test, leading by 197. Alex Carey was on nine and Travis Head was not out for 48.

Post a Comment

0 Comments